This training is based on LGBTIQ+ Health Australia’s Working Therapeutically with LGBTI Clients: A Practice Wisdom Resource, which was developed by practitioners with extensive experience and deep knowledge about working with LGBTIQ+ people and communities.
Practice Wisdom is an experiential two day training that translates expertise to a counselling room context, focusing on being a trusted collaborator, survival and resilience, minority stress, intersectionality, and concepts of power in therapeutic work.
- Improve your role as a therapist supporting LGBTI people.
- Understand the complexity of living as an LGBTI person in modern Australia.
- Introduce the power of naming experiences and being an effective ally.
- Learn to talk about intimacy, bodies and sex.
- Engage effectively with transgender clients.
- Engage effectively with clients with an intersex variation.
Mental health and suicide prevention professionals who engage in counselling or therapeutic work with LGBTI clients.
Workshop Length: 2 days
Enquire about this training email: [email protected]