LGBTIQ+ Health Australia in association with The National Ethnic Disability Alliance (NEDA), is calling for Expressions of Interest to join a Roundtable to seek insight from DPO’s (Disabled People Organisations) and the lived experiences of LGBTIQ+ people with disability to inform what would be useful to include in the training to support effective skills-building content and a peer support and mentoring program.
About the Our Voices, Our Lives, Our Way Project
This project is a joint initiative between LGBTIQ+ Health Australia (LHA) and the National Ethnic Disability Alliance (NEDA) which is funded through Department of Social Services (DSS) via the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Grant.
This project will operate under the guiding principles of:
- The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
- The social model of disability.
The project will build the individual and collective capacity of LGBTIQ+ people with a disability (PWD) in a dynamic and innovative way to strengthen existing knowledge and skills. The project will work within a framework of co-design, where sector experts and LGBTIQ+ PWD are engaged in the design process. This is to ensure that this project and its results meets needs of LGBTIQ+ PWD and fulfills its aim to help increase self-advocacy and increase social and community engagement.
Purpose of the Roundtable:
The purpose of the Roundtable is to seek insight from DPO’s (Disabled People Organisations) and the lived experiences of LGBTIQ+ people with disability to inform what would be useful to include in the training to support effective skills building content and a peer support and mentoring program.
Meeting Date and Time:
The meeting time is scheduled for 30 June 11:00am-1:30pm via Zoom. This includes scheduled breaks.
Renumeration for Participation
A payment will be provided to individuals who are self-representing and are not working on behalf of an organisation.
We are seeking persons with intersectional experiences or sector expertise of the following:
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, and other sexuality, gender and bodily diverse (LGBTIQ+) people that have a lived experience of disability and
- Are located in urban and rural locations across states and territories.
- From culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), migrant and refugee backgrounds
- Are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
Roundtable Participants will be required to:
- Actively participate in the meeting through attendance, engagement, and discussion
- Be considerate of the ideas and needs of others to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to contribute
- Have availability to attend the meeting on the proposed date.
How to Apply:
Those wanting to express interest please email:
- Your name and contact details
- A brief outline about why you would like to be involved in the roundtable discussion and what you can contribute.
We recognise that people have a range of access needs and that LHA will be able to support these needs. You are welcome to contact the project team to discuss your interest and alternative ways of applying including over the phone, audio message and video. If there is any other way, we can support people who want to apply e.g. by providing an Auslan interpreter, please let us know using the contact details below.
- Expressions of Interest sought from the community and DPOs (and other relevant organisations)
- The project team selection process will be primarily based on capturing a diverse cross -section of the community.
- The project team will contact and invite those selected to participate
- Unsuccessful applicants will be informed via email.
- Sometimes due to the volume and selection process, unfortunately we are not able to provide unsuccessful applicants with individual feedback regarding their application.
Please send your expression of interest by 9am 21 June 2021 to
- Marika Taylor at LGBTIQ+ Health Australia
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 0429 313 980