We're calling for expressions of interest from consultancies to review the current Silver Rainbow training package for the purpose of further building on this important adult learning tool.
1. About the National LGBTI Health Alliance and Silver Rainbow
The National LGBTI Health Alliance (the Alliance) is the leading national peak health organisation in Australia for organisations and individuals that provide health-related programs, services and research focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and intersex (LGBTI) people. Our extensive membership base of 30 organisations from across Australia deliver much-needed services to thousands of LGBTI people each year.
2. The project (details)
The Alliance oversees a significant program as part of its business model and works with nine partners nationally to deliver the key elements of the Silver Rainbow program. This program is designed to improve the experience of LGBTI people as they age and enter the Australian aged care system. The program includes training by partners to aged care facilities to build the capacity of their staff to better work with and care for LGBTI residents and other home-based care recipients in a respectful and inclusive way.
The current training package has been extremely well evaluated nonetheless the Alliance would like to provide key partners with the opportunity to charge a fee-for-service particularly in for-profit aged care environments.
As part of these efforts the Alliance is calling on expressions of interests from interested consultancies to conduct the following:
- Review the current Silver Rainbow training package for the purpose of further building on this important adult learning tool.
- Develop a fee for service model of training that members can draw upon should they wish.
Currently our Silver Rainbow partners are delivering training within aged care settings and many do not include a fee for service. By adding this new dimension to the current program we intend to provide an opportunity to partners to further refine the course material in consultation with the consultant. It will be important to receive input from partners regarding their current experiences of delivering across the sector. The exercise will have a tailored approach to ensure capacity building needs of various partners is understood.
By building on the current training package partners of the Alliance will be able to extend upon their current efforts and potentially generate a moderate-income stream where possible by applying a fee for service. It should be noted that aged care facilities across Australia already pay fee for service for capacity building training and similar projects and aligning the Silver Rainbow efforts in this way would be in keeping with current sector-wide practices particularly in for-profit environments.
To date the Silver Rainbow trainings have had more than 6,000 people participate with a 96% satisfaction rating. The successful applicant will be building on an existing high-quality training module that includes both face-to-face and online learning.
The key areas of specialisation of the consultant are outlined in the Selection Criteria below.
3. Timeframe and Budget
Expressions of interest are due at the Alliance no later than close of business December 11. We are looking to make a decision to ensure the project is started in mid-January.
Applicants will be expected to provide a draft timeline of deliverables with an estimated budget based on project milestones.
4. Selection Criteria:
The selection criteria for the successful applicants include:
- Ability to review and further develop the current Silver Rainbow training package
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles and their application
- Excellent consultative skills
- Excellent communication skills including immaculate written and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of the aged care sector – both residential and home care services
- A strong understanding and/or affiliation to LGBTI communities and the diversity and intersectionality of individuals across these communities
- Proven execution of projects that ensure attention to detail and deadlines
- Proven experience in reviewing and developing adult training material
Please submit your Expressions of Interest to Russell Westacott, contact details below, by December 11, 2020.
For further information contact Russell Westacott at [email protected]