Tips for best practice for co-design and inclusive principles.
- If you research with people, you have to give something back.
- Governance/decision-making in co-design: people have a right to say no, this isn't working. Facilitators need to
listen and take aligned action.
- Co-design can become a bit of a buzz word - there needs to be authenticity about the models used.
- You need clear principles and frameworks to guide the process.
- You need to consider the broader impact on communities. For example, how might the work impact someone sitting in remote/ regional areas?
- The process should empower the community.
- Make community the lead and have a tangible outcome.
- Genuine consultation - via community consultation and focus groups.
Do you like this post?