Rainbow Ageing is a national research project that aims to provide new data on the health and well-being of older lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Australians.
It is led by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) at La Trobe University. The project is funded by the Australian Research Council and involves four partner organisations, including the National LGBTI Health Alliance, COTA Australia, SANE Australia, and Carers Australia. The LGBTI Health Alliance contributed in–kind services, including reviewing materials, joint-authorship and promoting the work through our social media channels and networks. There will be 14 articles published in all.
Click on the links to below to view download each article.
- Trans women’s perceptions of residential aged care in Australia
- Experiences and perceptions of residential and in-home care services among older lesbian women and gay men in Australia
- Demographic and psychosocial predictors of housing security in older lesbian and gay Australians
- Recent versus lifetime experiences of discrimination and the mental and physical health of older lesbian women and gay men
- Health, well‐being, and social support in older Australian lesbian and gay care‐givers
Do you like this post?