LGBTIQ+ Health Australia (LHA) established the Steering Committee for practical and strategic advice in developing an effective and sustainable LGBTIQ+ health and wellbeing research network.
The Steering Committee membership includes:
- Dr Adam Bourne (he/him), Associate Professor, Australian Research Centre for Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS), La Trobe University.
- Morgan Carpenter (he/him), Executive Director, Intersex Human Rights Australia (IHRA).
- Cristyn Davies (she/her), Research Fellow, Children’s Hospital Westmead Clinical School and Specialty of Child and Adolescent Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia; and: adjunct, Sexualities and Genders Research, School of Social Sciences, Western Sydney University, NSW, Australia.
- Madi Day (they/them), Lecturer, Department of Indigenous Studies, Macquarie University.
- Tina Dixon (she/her), PhD Candidate Australian National University
- Professor Martin Holt (he/him), Researcher, Convenor, Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW Sydney.
- Professor Mark Hughes (he/him), Chair of Discipline (Social Work and Community Welfare), Southern Cross University.
- Elise Kennedy, Assistant Director, Health Section, Health and Disability Branch, Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- Associate Professor Ashleigh Lin (she/her), Program Head, Mental Health and Youth, Telethon Kids Institute.
- Associate Professor Julie Mooney- Somers, Qualitative Research in Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney.
- Associate Professor Dr Christy Newman (they/she), Associate Professor, UNSW Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW Sydney.
- Dr Steven Philpot (he/him), Research Associate, Kirby Institute.
- Professor Kerry Robinson (she/her), Director Diversity & Human Rights Research Centre, School of Social Sciences, Western Sydney University
- Caroline Roga, Assistant Director, Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Michael Salter (he/him), Scientia Associate Professor of Criminology, School of Social Sciences, UNSW .
- Bep Uink (she/her), Research Fellow, Kulbardi Aboriginal Centre, Murdoch University; Honorary Associate, Telethon Kids Institute.
The steering committee’s Terms of Reference are available here.