COVID-19 Impacts | The National LGBTI Health Alliance: 2020 Webinar Series
#WebinarWednesdays are an oppurtunity to come together and raise our awareness of the health and wellbeing issues for LGBTI experiences of COVID 19. We’ve asked some rather incredible community leaders to share their stories and their work with us. We hope to illuminate the health and wellbeing impacts of the pandemic for different LGBTI communities and individuals, and those who work with our communities.
Webinar Program: Regular Updates | Eastern S Time
- 29 April 4:00 PM: an Intersex Interpretation of COVID19: Theory and Practice w Morgan Carpenter
- 06 May 4:30 PM: Partnering with ACON NSW: Forum for Trans and Gender Diverse Experiences
- 13 May 4:00 PM: Bobby Goldsmith Foundation: Delivering Programs in Pandemics w Ruan Uys
- 20 May 4:00 PM: Coronavirus in LGBTI Oceania: Aus Representative to ILGA Oceania Dr Vanessa Lee
- 27 May 3:30 PM: Living with HIV in COVID-19: Surprising Scenarios with Neil Fraser at Pos Life NSW
- 03 June 4:00 PM: Health and Wellbeing of our Creative Communities: Maeve Marsden of Queerstories
- 10 June 4:00 PM: What to Read while Physically Distancing; with Hendri Yulius: The Bookshop Darlinghurst
- 17 June 4:00 PM: The Regional Health Response and the ASHM Taskforce: Professor Edwina Wright
Next Webinar | 27 May 2020 | 3:30 PM AEST
Webinar Archive: Videos | Resources | Transcripts | Click to Zoom
Episode 01 | 29 April 2020
Morgan Carpenter | Intersex Human Rights Australia
Morgan Carpenter (co-executive director, Intersex Human Rights Australia) joins Daniel Comensoli (Policy Team, LGBTI Health Alliance) to discuss ethics in health, clinical practice and the particular impacts faced by people who may have an intersex variation.
- Intersex Human Rights Australia (IHRA) website
- Intersex Peer Support Australia (IPSA) website
- IHRA statement on COVID-19 impacts
- The Darlington Statement
- University of Sydney: Clinical Ethics Paper
Episode 02 | 06 May 2020
Living Trans During C19: An Online Forum
Delivered by ACON in partnership with the National LGBTI Health Alliance, this online forum was all about trans and gender diverse people and allies to learn more about staying safe, well and connected as a trans person in a global pandemic.
Hosted by Teddy Cook, ACON’s Manager Trans and Gender Diverse Health Equity and Liz Duck-Chong, ACON’s Community Health Promotion Officer, Trans and Gender Diverse Health Equity.
- Lisa Taylor – Sistergirl Elder, advocate and community organiser
- Panda Cheong – Psychologist, community leader, artist, amazing person
- Eloise Brook – Media Manager, Gender Centre
- Mish Pony – LGBTI Health Alliance TGD Specialist Advisor, trans rep – Scarlet Alliance and board member – AFAO
- Cristyn Davies – Senior Research Fellow, Child and Adolescent Health, Westmead Children’s Hospital
- Dr Martina Gleeson – Gender affirming GP
- The Amazing TransHub
- Forum Facebook Page
- ACON page for event registrants
- Blueprint for Improving the Health and Wellbeing of the Trans and Gender Diverse Community in NSW
Episode 03 | 13 May 2020
Ruan Uys | Bobby Goldsmith Foundation
Ruan Uys (Programs, Bobby Goldsmith Foundation) joins Isa Keatinge (Communications, Media and Membership, LGBTI Health Alliance) to talk all things program promotiopns and service delivery: new technology, rural vs urban, facilitation, partnerships and Mr Gay Pride 2020.
Episode 04 | 20 May 2020
Dr Vanessa Lee | ILGA Oceania
This week of May we were joined by Dr Vanessa Lee. Our representative to the ILGA Oceania Board, Vanessa has over 20 years ofadvocacy and volunteer work on the social issues that contribute to the burden of disease for Indigenous youth, women and the sexuality and gender diverse community. She has actively challenged government policies to positively address the needs of Indigenous people and the sexuality and gender diverse populations.
Like a webinar? Work in mental health and wellbeing? Want to be part of a supported and passionate Community of Practice?
Network MindOUT! might just be for you: see more here (including the extensive archive of webinars)