Welcome to the LGBTIQ+ Health and Wellbeing Research Network
LGBTIQ+ people experience major health disparities compared to the general population, but are neglected in Australian data collection, research, public policy and funding allocations.
LGBTIQ+ Health Australia has established the LGBTIQ+ Health and Wellbeing Research Network to support researchers, promote a unified voice and inspire evidence-based policy that improves the health and wellbeing of LGBTIQ+ Australians.
The Research Network aims to:
- Connect researchers and research organisations working in the LGBTIQ+ sector.
- Make LGBTIQ+ research more readily available through a centralised online resource.
- Support and coordinate quality and appropriate research to fill gaps, minimise duplication, strengthen findings.
- Develop an authoritative voice for LGBTIQ+ health and wellbeing research to contribute to the development of evidence-based policy and good practice.
We invite you to participate:
- Are you a LGBTIQ+ community-controlled or non-government organisation seeking research information to support your policy and program development? —use our Research Advice Service.
- Are you a professional or student researching LGBTIQ+ health and wellbeing and seeking to share information and build your network? —join the Facebook Group.
- Would you like to want to join in provocative discussion with leading LGBTIQ+ researchers about their challenges and conclusions? —Register for one of our Roundtables.
To develop and promote this new network, LGBTIQ+ Health Australia (LHA) is working with a Steering Committee of diverse researchers, representing a range of disciplines and expertise.