LGBTIQ+ Health Australia is the national peak health organisation in Australia for organisations and individuals that provide health-related programs, services and research focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people (LGBTIQ+) and other sexuality, gender, and bodily diverse people and communities.
We recognise that people’s genders, bodies, relationships and sexualities affect their health and wellbeing in every domain of their life.
Healthy lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans/transgender, intersex, and other sexuality, gender, and bodily diverse people and communities throughout Australia and the world, free from stigma and discrimination.
To provide a national focus to improve health outcomes for LGBTIQ+ people through policy, advocacy, representation, research evidence, and capacity building.
We are committed to:
- respecting the dignity, views and experience of all people
- valuing diversity and promoting the equality of all people
- working to end violence in all its forms
- leading by example in providing a work environment which embraces diversity
- undertaking activities to the highest professional standards.
Organisations and individuals who are members of LGBTIQ+ Health Australia are respectful of each other’s differences and the ways in which we work. Organisations who are members of LGBTIQ+ Health Australia operate in the perceived best interest of the communities with which they work in that:
- health consumers are empowered to control their health needs;
- organisations act from within a framework that supports self-determination;
- organisations operate within a framework of genuine stakeholder engagement;
- organisations operate in a way that affirm bodies, genders and relationships in all of their diversity through:
- Respectful inclusive language
- Bodily autonomy
- affirm and abide by the Constitution of LGBTIQ+ Health Australia
Organisations that are members of LGBTIQ+ Health Australia work from within a framework that supports social and human rights and are representative of our communities and their needs.
Read our Code of Conduct.